ELGL is launching a new initiative, “The Fifty Nifty Project” for the new fiscal year. We are committed to reaching all 50 states next year by profiling at least one person from the government arena in each state. Each person profiled with be asked the same questions, and at the end of the year, we’ll package the responses together in a report. This is part of ELGL’s continuing goal of sharing good information about local governments.
How Can I Help?
- Email three recommendations, each from a different state, to Ben Kittelson, ELGL project assistant, email@example.com.
- Include name, job title, organization, and email address for each recommendation.
- Your recommendation may be a student, retired professional, or active professional in the government arena.
- Or you can leave your recommendations in the comment section below.
- We’ll need a few choices from each state so don’t worry if there is a contact already listed.
- Sara Peterson, Deputy Clerk Sitka, Alaska
- Ken Strobeck, League of Arizona Cities and Towns, Executive Director
- Greg Larson, City of Los Gatos, Town Manager
- Mike Arnold, Los Angeles Homeless Services Authority, Executive Director
- Brian Angus, Fresno County EOC, Executive Director
- Robb Kolstad, City of Thornton, CO, Management and Budget Director
- Frank Biggerstaff, El Paso County Transportation Division, Colorado
- Sam Mamet, Executive Director, Colorado Municipal League
- Tim Gagen, Town Manager, Town of Breckenridge
- Robert Lee, Town of Plainville, Town Manager
- Jorge Lara, Lieutenant at Isles of Capri Fire/Rescue
- Phil Kiraly, Village of Northbrook, IL, Assistant Village City Manager
- Chris Koos, Mayor, Town of Normal, IL
- Tom Durkin, Village of Crete, Village Administrator
- Jason Berry, City of Blue Island, Zoning Administrator
- David Mekarski, Village of Olympia Fields, Village Administrator/Village Planner
- Stephanie Belch, City of Indianapolis/Marion County, Principal Planner
- Geoff Fruin, Iowa City, IA, Assistant to the City Manager
- Kristy Stewart, Recruiting Program Manager, City of Cedar Rapids
- Robert Layton, Wichita, KS, City Manager
- Michelle Bailey-Hedgepeth, Town of Capitol Heights, Town Administrator
- Anne-Marie McLaughlin MSBC, MA, MEP Emergency Manager, University of Massachusetts Boston
- Laura Fitzpatrick, City of Rio Rancho, Assistant City Manager
- Mark Alger, Steuben County, NY, County Manager
- Jay Gsell, Genesee County, NY, County Manager
- Eric Peterson, Town of Hillsborough, Hillsborough
- Kim Nelson, Professor of Public Administration at University of North Carolina Chapel Hill
- Dewey Harris, Catawba County, Assistant County Manager
- Tanisha Briley, Cleveland Heights, OH, City Manager
- Naveen Chandra, Region Project Delivery Manager ODOT
- Daniel Vazquez, City of Beaverton, Cultural Inclusion Coordinator
- Holly Eskridge, City of Rock Hill, Assistant to the City Manager
- Katherine Brackett, City of Pickens, City Administrator
- Kirk Bednar, City of Brentwood, City Manager
- Bill Hammon, City of Alcoa, Assistant City Manager
- Angie Carrier, City of Johnson City, Planning Director
- Jim Nichols, Assistant City Manager of Midland, TX
- Courtney Sharp, City Manager of Midland, TX
- Tommy Hudson, Deputy City Manager of Midland, TX
- Rick Davis, City of West Jordan, UT, City Manager
- Travis Hill, Virginia, Deputy Secretary of Agriculture and Forestry
- Ed Daley, Hopewell, VA, City Manager
- Jackson Tuttle, Williamsburg,VA, City Manager
- Alexandra (Miller) Sheeks, Assistant to the City Manager, Woodinville, WA
- Dema Harris, Director, Northwest Clerks Institute at Washington State University Spokane
- Elizabeth Smoot, City Recorder/Clerk, Redmond Washington
- Melissa, Weiss, Assistant Administrator/Director of Public Works, Sussex, WI
- Vanessa Koster, City of Milwaukee, Planning Manager