Favorite book of all-time:
Book that is on your nightstand right now:
Ask for It: How Women Can Use the Power of Negotiation to Get What They Really Want. It is a must read for all women (and men for that matter)!
(Fill in the blank) When you wake up in the morning, you are motivated by………
NPR – I love news and research and the stories they tell. Is that nerdy?
If you ran for elected office, what position would you run for?
I would be hard-pressed to run for any elected position.
Your best piece of career advice:
- Be confident and curious; and
- Stay positive.
Your favorite social media outlet:
Which actor/actress would play you in a movie?
What is the home page on your web browser?
iGoogle – I hear it’s going away though, so I’m open to suggestions.
Biggest issues facing local government:
Citizen apathy and budget issues
Two things that people will say about you at your retirement party:
- How is she able to retire at 40?
- She won the lottery!
First concert that you ever attended:
Stevie Nicks – my mom is a HUGE fan.
Name three of your mentors:
- Jackie Lansdale – a former boss who is a strong and intelligent leader that doesn’t get flustered
- Nell Caraway – same as above, but who is above all else, a kind person
- Leslie Knope – I love her passion. Minus her heading into the political arena, she’s my hero.
Who is at the dinner table if you could invite any three people (dead or alive)?
- Mahatma Gandhi
- Henry Miller
- Charles Darwin
(Fill in the blank) Government….
Primarily made up of people who want to serve the public good. Dear public, please remember that.
(Fill in the blank) ELGL is ……..
Stimulating, informative and better than chocolate cake!
Previous Lightning Round Profiles
- Elise Scolnick, City of Damascus
- Charles Clark, Lane County
- Rhett Tatum, Clackamas County
- Eric King, City of Bend and Gary Allis, Tauranga, New Zealand
- Sue Ryan, City of Canby
- David Snider, City of Sandy
- Amanda Lamb, City of San Diego, CA
- Elisa Hamblin, City of Portland
- Norma Alley, City of Newberg
- Mary Beth Henry, City of Portland
- Debbie Matheney, Eugene School District
- Jessica Struyk, City of Gresham
- Petra Schuetz, City of Coburg
- Rhyan Van Horn, TriMet
- Mark Stotik, Clackamas County
- Heidi Starks, West Slope Water District
- Teri Bankhead, City of Milwaukie
- Anthony Petchel, Bank of the Cascades
- Pat Mobley, Portland State University
- Ashley Graff, University of Kansas
- Eric Chambers, City of Gresham